Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's about to get a LOT better!!

OK, format change. I started out this blog a mere two weeks (three weeks?) ago, in hopes of identifying, outlining, and writing in great detail about all things awesome. Well, that’s great, until it occurred to me that nobody, not even me, wants to read about what I think of Swedish Fish, Groundhog Day, or Count Chocula. (I mean, maybe I’m wrong and people do really care, but I really doubt it.) Long story short, I think I’m going to take a page from some of my fellow bloggers and re-read favorite YA books that I had as a child and then write reviews about them. (Take a page…from fellow book bloggers…get it? HA! Ok…)
Don’t worry, though- it’s just an addition to all the fine things my blog offers. If you still want to read about things I find awesome, they’ll be in there periodically. But wait- there’s more!! In addition to my reviews of YA books by favorite authors like Judy Blume, Lois Lowry, Beverly Cleary, and of course, the Baby-Sitters Club, I plan to also re-watch and review awesome 80s and 90s movies that I loved so much back in the day. Yes, I realize that there are a crap-ton of blogs out there that join nostalgia and snarkiness so beautifully, but for me there can never be too many. Stay tuned for our first review- I’ll be re-hashing Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry, the first in the series of Anastasia books. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment